Senior DevOps / Cloud Specialist (Full Remote)
Permanent employee, Full-time · Global
What will your contribution in this role be?
- The purpose of this role is to help the team with development and maintenance of our Data platform either on Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services and other suppliers. This will include design and implementation of the strategy as we rapidly scale our data capabilities as well as maintenance and continuous improvements of the platform. The role will help build the GCP infrastructure that will support the existing Data Team in their function and will assist the team SMEs in launching and maintaining all our services.
- The role will help build the GCP infrastructure that will support the existing Data Team in their function and will assist the team SMEs in launching and maintaining all our services
- Develop and deploy new services (Infrastructure as Code)
- Monitor and maintain appliances, dockers, data pipelines, blockchain nodes in production environment.
- Establish backup, reliability and disaster recovery strategy for data services
- Plan and Implement CI/CD best practice
Framework, Boundaries of Work, Authority & Decision Making
- Thinking within substantially diversified, established procedures, standards and precedents; generally supervised.
- Changing priorities or differing situations encountered in the work environment, the incumbent has latitude to consider which among many procedures should be followed, in what sequence, to achieve the required results.
- Covered by practices and procedures which have clear precedents and/or operational guidance.
- Subject to managerial control and review of results.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- 4+ years of experience in Cloud environments
- Experience working with GCP and AWS. Knowledge of other clouds is a plus,
- Experience with CI/CD, GitOps. You know how to deploy your services reliably and have used related tools to achieve that,
- Experience with monitoring solutions and central logging. Dashboards, alerts development (Prometheus, Grafana, GCP Logging, Splunk …)
- Experience deploying and maintaining Data Projects, you understand how data pipelines operate and what are the typical SLAs involved
- Experience with NGNIX, WSGI/ASGI , distributed task managers (Celery), AMPQ clusters (RabbitMQ) or similar services)
- Infrastructure as Code: Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible Kubernetes, helm. Experience with deploying and supporting managed kubernetes clusters (GKE), helm charts development is a plus.
- Python, bash, Powershell … you should be able to develop scripts on a daily basis
- Excellent Linux administrator
- Analytical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Negotiation skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Communication and presentation skills
- Teamwork skills
- People management skills
- Native English or English proficiency