LISBON, PORTUGAL /
Who Are We?
Our client is a remote-first research and software development team focused on Proof of Stake infrastructure for public blockchain networks. Specific topics of focus are Internet Bonds, Distributed Validator Technology, and Multi-Operator Validation. The core team includes +20 members spread across +10 countries.
The core team is building the Network, a protocol to foster trust-minimized staking through multi-operator validation. This will enable low-trust access to Ethereum staking yield, which can be used as a core building block in various Web3 products.
The network can be best visualized as a work layer that sits directly on top of the base layer consensus. This work layer is designed to provide the base layer with more resiliency and decentralization as it scales. In this chapter of Ethereum, we will move on to the next great scaling challenge, which is stake centralization. Layers like are Our client critical to the long-term viability and resiliency of public networks, especially networks like Ethereum.
Our client is a layer is focused on scaling main chain staking by providing permissionless access to Distributed Validators. The network utilizes a middleware implementation of Distributed Validator Technology (DVT), to enable the operation of distributed validator clusters that can preserve validators' current client and remote signing configurations.
Similar to how roll-up technology laid the foundation for L2 scaling implementations, we believe DVT will do the same for scaling the consensus layer while preserving decentralization. Staking infrastructure is entering its protocol phase of evolution, which must include trust-minimized staking networks that can be plugged into at scale. We believe DVT will evolve into a widely used primitive and will ensure the security, resiliency, and decentralization of public networks.
The Network develops and maintains four core public goods that will eventually work together through circular economics:
The DV Launchpad, a User Interface for bootstrapping and managing Distributed Validators
Charon, a middleware Golang client that enables validators to run in a fault-tolerant, distributed manner
Managers, a set of solidity libraries for the formation of Distributed Validators tailored to different use cases such as DeFi, Liquid Staking, and Fractionalized Deposits
Testnets, a set of ongoing public incentivized testnets that enable any sized operator to test their deployment before serving for the Ethereum Main net
Sustainable Public Goods
Our client is inspired by previous work on Ethereum public goods and experimenting with circular economics. We believe that to unlock innovation in staking use cases, a credibly neutral layer must exist for innovation to flow and evolve vertically. Without this layer, highly available uptime will continue to be a moat.
The Network will become an open, community-governed, self-sustaining project over the coming months and years. Together we will incentivize, build, and maintain distributed validator technology that makes public networks a more secure and resilient foundation to build on top of.
We're looking for a Finance Associate to help support the founder's office scaling the financial planning and reporting of the team. This role will work across all functional areas, helping accountable leads with their budgeting and finance needs. These verticals include Business, Legal, Marketing, People and Technology.
- The primary responsibility will be to complete the US GAAP month and quarter-end close process and reporting, as well as prepare the annual statutory financial statements and reporting.
- Tracking payments to internal and external stakeholders
- Preparing budget forecasts
- Partner with teams across the company to drive financial and strategic insight through deep goal-oriented financial analysis and long-range planning.
- Prepare, analyze, and summarize monthly financials and key performance indicators (KPIs) reports (monthly costs, budget, runway, etc)
- Identify the long-term drivers of the business and will develop creative solutions to problems using qualitative and quantitative methods (e.g. market sizing to determine product prioritization, organizational planning and its effect on org. velocity, unit economics & ROI)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance, Economics, Engineering or a related field preferred
- At Least 3 years of work experience at a consulting, banking, or tech start up
- Prior experience working with Quickbooks (Mandatory), Wise, Ramp, Let’s Deel
- Ability to forecast and budget
- Ability to manage external relationships such as Audit, Tax, and Compliance
- Advanced skills in Excel (mandatory)
- Understanding and familiarity with web3 space & familiar with crypto accounting & Proactive, committed to quality, enthusiasm, and attention to detail.
- Fully Remote, flexible working hours (Independent contractor)
- Unlimited paid time off (Based on the Company Policy)
- Personal hardware & professional training budget
Join our talented team and be part of something really cool!