CTO - Chief Technical Officer
Permanent employee, Full-time · Global
Introducing a new decentralized dimension adds a new degree of complexity, therefore requiring highly prepared profiles ready to address complex challenges thinking outside the box.
Web3 is changing the way we interact as digital users: to make frictionless and customer-friendly solutions on top of it is one of the biggest challenges nowadays, as well as designing successful product architectures with new technology
As CTO, you will be a highly prepared leader who can think outside the box and design successful product architectures with new technologies. You will lead the core team of developers, data engineers, QA engineers, scrum masters, and product owners in the company to produce easy-to-use, reliable, and robust products that exceed the needs of our customers and stakeholders
CTO responsibilities include:
- Leading and actively participating in the development process, including coding and debugging as needed.
- Mentoring and developing the engineering team to increase their expertise and understanding of best practices.
- Working closely with the CEO to define, prioritize, and realize the product roadmap.
- Managing in-house engineering team, contracting development partners, and heading the integrations of partner APIs to our platform
- Driving performance, efficiency, and effectiveness of the engineering and product development team ensuring the deliverables are achieved on time and on budget.
- Leading the discovery and implementation of new technologies that yield a competitive advantage
- Aligning and providing feedback on the product roadmap, working closely with product to decide on prioritization, resource allocation, and timelines
- Leading all aspects of the development lifecycle, including requirements analysis, strategic planning, design/architecture, execution, deployment, and maintenance
- Building quality assurance and data protection processes, ensuring all technology practices adhere to regulatory standards
CTO follows best practices for product and project development, communication on teams and with other departments. Must be able to prioritize resources and give accurate deadlines for the different product/projects. Subject to managerial control and review of results.
The job holder has full authority when software development is concerned.
CTO has full authority, in conjunction with People Department, for laying off / firing team members who are not performing accordingly, which is near excellence performance in our organization. Must propose and justify an optimal technology org chart structure, which is in line with the budget of the department.
- Minimum Experience:
- Prior CTO / Head of Engineering for a successful start-up
- Scrum/Agile enthusiast
- An effective leader and team player who knows how to hire and manage the right talent to scale the Engineering team
- Deep knowledge of full-stack modern development practices (ex: DevOps, APIs)
- Experience designing product architecture
- Have a proven understanding of best engineering practices for the full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code review, source control, build, test, deploy, and operations
- Full Professional English Proficiency
- Experience working with IAM or CIAM
- Experience with SSI, payments, and Blockchain is a plus.
- Hard Skills:
- A strong product sense and can build engaging tech for customers
- Ability to conduct technological analyses and research
- Ability to evaluate product-market fit and other aspects of product performance, able to identify insights that will influence future decisions
- Soft Skills:
- Exceptional listening, collaborative, and organizational skills
- Self-critical, avant-garde, detail oriented.
- Work with cross-functional teams (Design, Marketing, People) to attain business goals.
- Work in result driven environment with a data-driven approach.
- Time bound and meeting deadlines is critical
- Work management, planning and organization, skills are off the charts.
- SALARY RANGE: Up to 135.000US$ per year + bonus + phantom shares + other benefits